Your primary care physician should refer your child to our clinics. After the referral is made, patients or primary care physicians are welcome to schedule an appointment at the convenience of the patient.
New patients can be referred by calling (919) 966-1178. For emergency visits or to get a patient seen rapidly, please ask for the doctor on service. We can generally see patients within 1-2 weeks, and for emergencies, we are glad to see patients the same day.
For inquiries or referrals call:
Division of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology
Office secretary: (919) 966-1178
Page operator: (919) 966-4131
Consultation service number for referring physicians: (800) 862-6264
Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Clinics
- Sedation Clinic: Tuesdays, 7:30 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- New patient and follow-up visits:
Tuesdays 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Wednesdays 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Fridays 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Hemophilia Clinic: Mondays, 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.
New Appointments: (919) 966-4736
- Sickle Cell Clinic: Mondays, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
New Appointments: (919) 966-2468
Appointments also available in Raleigh and Wilmington
- Neuro-Oncology Clinic: First Thursday of each month at 1 p.m.
New Appointments: (919) 966-1178
- Survivors Clinic: Second and Fourth Thursday of each month at 1 p.m.
New Appointments: (919) 966-1178
- Follow-up Oncology Appointments
(919) 966-0000, after greeting, press option 2
For urgent visits, do not hesitate to call the pediatric hematologist-oncologist on call through the paging operator at (919) 966-4131.
- Your primary care physician should refer your child to our clinics. After the referral is made, you or your primary care physician is welcome to schedule an appointment at your convenience.
- For first time patients, a tentative appointment will be scheduled. After the appointment is confirmed with the clinic, a confirmation will be mailed out to you.
- Copies of any applicable X-rays, lab reports, and medical summaries, as well as the results of the patient's most recent diagnostic tests should be brought when the patient is first seen at UNC. If the patient has had surgery or other treatment, a treatment summary should accompany him/her.
- All voice messages are answered within one working day.
- If this is your child’s first visit to a UNC clinic, you should call and pre-register at (919) 966-1401. Pre-registration will ensure that your child has an assigned patient number before clinic and will prevent unnecessary delays.
- Parents and guardians, please provide the referring physician's name, address and phone number at the time of the appointment.
- Please bring your child’s patient identification card if your child has been seen before at UNC. If the patient does not have a UNC card, it can be obtained at the time of the appointment. Please arrive to your first appointment early to obtain the Patient ID card.
- Please remember to bring insurance cards and any other related forms required by your insurance company.
- Please provide a list of allergies and medications your child is taking with the dosages.
- For follow-up visits or to change appointments, please call our clinic at (919) 843-6687 or (919) 966-0000. If the secretary is not available, please leave a voice message, which will be returned within one working day. To avoid hearing the entire recorded message, feel free to press the # sign, then leave your name, phone number and reason for the call.