What is the UNC Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine?
We are a group of physicians and other health care providers who:
- Have expertise in comprehensive care of children, birth through age 21, in both inpatient and outpatient clinical settings.
- Are the foundation of pediatric residency education, which produces future pediatricians who provide outstanding health care to children in North Carolina and the United States.
- Perform clinical care, research, teaching and advocacy dedicated to improving the health and well-being of all children by:
- Improving the quality of primary health care; and
- Understanding, preventing and addressing major causes of child and adolescent morbidity and mortality.
What is the vision for our division?
Vision: We will be the leading general pediatrics division in the United States by providing high quality and comprehensive patient-centered care, innovative teaching and ground-breaking research that impacts practice and policy.